I had only heard of KISS Nails when I started blogging. As someone who used to have her nails done every month, false nails were something that I never really looked at when shopping.
Don’t get me wrong, I have tried false nails before and always find that you just have to hit your nail on the wrong thing or in the wrong place *ping* thete goes your nail!
I have to take my hat off to the makers of KISS though. The nails are so easy to apply and they have little tabs on each nails which makes them easier to stick down. They’re all numbered up too so you can find which one you want really quickly.
The application for these nails are so quick and simple – I’d honestly say if it took me 10 minutes to apply them all, that’s all it took!
My concern with the nails originally was how log are these going to last?! Well… at least a week I’d say, if not two before they start to grow out and look a little tatty – basically the same amount of time as it takes for acrylic nails to go out and at half the price too! If you use them wisely too you can even get two set of nails out of the packet!
I would highly recommend these nails to anyone who wants pretty nails, at half the price of going to a salon and where the damage to your nails is nothing compare to them being filed down by a nail technician!
You can find KISS nails in most drugstores – I for one know you can get these from Boots and they do them in different shapes, lengths and colours! There is definitely a selection to choose from!
Have you tried KISS Nails before? Whats your thoughts on them?
*Although this is a PR item, all views and opinions are my own
I can’t believe January has been and gone already! For most, it’s the worst, dreaded month of the year, but for me, it’s getting back into the swing of things and it’s also my birthday month!
So here’s what I’ve been up to blogging wise:
- I hosted a giveaway on Twitter of some Soap and Glory bits. I’m a sucker for a giveaway myself, so I love hosting them and receiving pictures, videos and thank yous when they receive them.
- I have wrote a blog post about how my blog has grown over the last 6 months – you can read it here
- Andy came up with an idea of doing a post of getting to know him. So I posted a post together of a few questions so you could get an insight on what he likes!
- I have done the usual round up for November and December as I was a little caught up in December doing #blogmas. You can read all about it here.
- And of course, I did a new years post! Just a few goals of what I would like to achieve in the next 12 months!
My Twitter and Instagram followers have increased over the last month which makes me super happy! And as well, the followers are sticking around which is the cherry on top of the cake! How has your blog done so far this month? Do you have any tips for increasing your blog following?
I’m sure like most January is a crappy month for having an sort of spare cash, so I’ve treated myself to a few little treats over the last couple of weeks that I thought I’d share with you!
Primark Goodies – For those of you who know me I’m a huge cat fan (well you’d like to think so having 4 cats!) and when I saw this bag in Primark I knew I had to have it! I think this was £1.00. Over the last few months I have been trying out the Primark make up and I’m happy to say that most of it I’m more than happy with!
In the picture on the right we have a foundation and concealer brush which was £1.50, PS Pro foundation in the shade ivory was £5.00, eye brow gel in light brown was £1.00 (I’m not too sure on this, I’ve tried it once but I’m not sure if I was a little bit heavy handed!!), Matte lip crayon in the shade fuchsia which was £2.00 I think. It’s a little bright for this time of year but will be perfect in the summer! I also bought a lip stick primmer for £3.00 and I’m loving how much the colour clings to my lips when I have this on! It literally lasts all day and acts more like a stain. The felt tip eye liner was only £1.50 and the lip crayon is in amethyst which I love the shade but I have found that it bleeds a little bit, so maybe with some liner and primmer it will stay put!
Lush Goodies – I think I’ve been living under a rock for the past few years as I’ve only just discovered my love for everything Lush! I was gutted to find out that they have an amazing sale on Boxing Day so I treated myself to these goodies! I even managed to get the Snow Fairy half price!!
New Look Goodies – I have searched high and low to find a winter hat with a fluffy pom pom on that I like and I finally managed to find this one in New Look. And it was only £5.99!!
Have you treated yourself to anything from the January sales?
As some of you are aware it was my birthday last week, so I thought I’d put together a post of some of things I received. Most of my gifts was money but there were a few things to open (including a few sweet treats!)
So.. from my friends at work, I had these goodies. As you can tell I have a bit of a sweet tooth and like a drink! I was very excited when I opened the Lush Unicorn Horn!! I had seen this in store and couldn’t wait to try it!
From my besties I had all these goodies! Again, more sweet stuff, but seriously can you ever have too much? I love the light up bottle too! It says Friends are like stars. They come and go but only the true ones glow. I love this as it’s from m oldest friend and we don’t get to spend as much time together as we would like, so the quote on it really is us. I really like that they have bought me some things to hang up too, most of these will be going in the bathroom as they fit in with the colour scheme. And again, Lush stuff!! I seriously can NOT get enough of Lush at the moment! My one friend also got me a Pandora charm which has my birth stone in it. This is perfect for me, as I don’t really like the glitzy ones as they’re not really very me!
And finally from my family, I had mostly money but i few little smellies and another Pandora charm – this one is my star sign. I have mention about the Avon Luck perfume.. I was given this a couple of years ago and I instantly was like oh god this is going to smell like cat pee! but I have to admit I love it! It’s really sweet but I love it and it’s so cheap too!
Thank you to all you lovely lot who send birthday wishes and gave presents and cards, I certainly have been spoilt this birthday!!
For those of you who don’t know I’ve only had my blog since July last year. Writing a blog was something I always wanted to do but never quite took the leap into getting started.
I never knew what I was going to write about so I decided to keep the name generic so I wasn’t pinned to one subject, however I am thinking about changing this (I just can’t make up my mind!!!)
With the help of a couple of friends I was told about chats to join in on, people to follow on Twitter and basically reassured when I wasn’t sure if I was doing the right thing.
I know I’ve only been blogging for 6 months but it feels like a huge part of my life that makes me wonder why the hell didn’t I start this earlier! Just think how much further along I could be!!
I’m amazed by how many people follow my blog, have followed me on twitter and who want to engage with me! Little old me! I have been to a couple of blogging events and have met some wonderful people – people who I really look up to, who are big in the blogging world and of course have met some amazing brands too!
All I would say if you are reading this and are wanting to setup and blog but you can’t quite bring yourself to do it, I say, take the leap do it! It’s such an awesome community to be part of and everyone is so supportive of each other, it’s like one big family! I absolutely love blogging and I can’t imagine life without it now!
What were the reasons you set up a blog? Did it have the courage to do it straight away?
It’s been a while since I have done a round up of what I have been blogging about. November came and went so quickly and December.. well Blogmas took over most of it and then was actually Christmas! So here’s how I got on:
- I went to be 2nd ever blogging event which was BloggerHalloweenParty. I met some of the lovely bloggers I had met at a previous event and also got to meet some new friends. You can catch up on what happened here
- When I was at the Halloween party there was a company there called The Perfume Studio and basically you had the opportunity to make your own perfume. They tell you all about how perfume is made and have different nodes (which is the smells) so you can create your very own perfume. The best thing is you get to name your perfume, they register it on their webiste and then you can order it like you do any other perfume! How cool is that!!! You can read all about this here
- As I hadn’t long come back from Ibiza, it’s quite easy to say that I was looking for another holiday so I came up with a list of ‘money is no object’ holiday destinations that I would love to go to – you can read this post here
- I had read many books while we were on holiday and there was one book which I have half way through and me being me had to finish it. It was called Perfect Timing and is a proper chic lit that I found that I could’t put down. You can read the review on this book here
I had planned to do Blogmas for December – I had it all planned out, I have posts written even before December was here and all I had to do was add pictures. My blogging life at the start of December seemed cool, calm, relaxed and organised – then I got lazy! I started enjoying the festivities more (basically having a drink every night since the Christmas party) so I only managed to complete 20 days of Blogmas. For me, I’m proud of this. It was my first year as a blogger and therefore my first Blogmas and believe me, it takes some hard work and dedication to complete it. So hats off to you lovely lot who managed to complete the whole of Blogmas! I will complete it this year! You can find my day 1 post here and the rest will follow on.
I didn’t do very much scheduling in December as I thought posting Blogmas every day would be enough, I have since seen the errors of my ways and how important scheduling actually can be for your blog – I’m sure there’ll be a blog post on this over the next couple of months.
There you have it, I like to think I finished 2016 on a high with my blog. How did you get on with yours?
I talk about my other half Andy a lot and after a conversation in the pub one night he agreed to do a quick Q&A and have a post on my blog dedicated to him.. so here it goes!
- What is your ultimate favourite film? The Matrix.
- If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be and why? My Mums Sunday dinners because she makes the best Sunday dinner ever!
- What good couldn’t you live without? Cheese! I need cheese in my life, it’s my favourite thing!
- What did you want to be when you were younger? A vet.
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now? In England. I’m not going anywhere else! Married with kids.
- What’s your favourite thing to do outside of work? Be around family at the pub.
- If money was no object, what would be the first thing you buy? An island in the Caribbean.
- If you had 24 hours to live what would do you? A day with all my family and the night with you.
- If you could have a super power what would it be? Eternal life so I could see everything.
- Which 5 countries tops your holiday wish list? America, Australia, China, Japan and Canada.
- What is your idea of a perfect day? Being alive when I wake up and still being alive when I go back to sleep, so every day is a perfect day.
- What do you want from life? Someone to share it with and to have children with so there is someone to carry on my name.
- If you could take one thing away from this world what would it be and why? Cancer because it kills people regardless of age, sex, nationality- it just kills.
- What is your party trick? Stripping full monty style until I got fat!
- If our home was on fire and you only had time to grab 3 things, what would they be? You, my wallet and my phone. Everything else in the house can be replaced.
There you have it – that’s person I live with and share my life with!